Top 10 Ways to Engage Students in Writing
Top 10 Ways to Engage Students in Writing at Every Grade Level!
Presentation by Steven Spivey
One of the toughest subjects for a homeschool parent to teach is writing. In this action packed, interactive workshop, Steven will give you hands-on proven techniques for teaching writing that you can immediately implement to make a difference in your student(s) writing today!
You will learn how to teach:
* A step-by-step method to improve student writing
* The buttons to push to get dynamic language out of students
* Exciting Activities to promote literary structures and Show-Not-Tell exercises
* Games to generate language awareness and facility
* How to make your writing program more fun for the students and you
* How to make the reading-writing connection come alive
* How to put students writing into 4 wheel drive
* How to engage mature thought development at the sentence level, paragraph, essays and beyond!!
This presentation was broadcast on June 11, 2015 during the 2015 National Home Education e-Conference and is now part of our member archives.
[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level0)] The 24-hour complimentary replay access period for this presentation has ended.
Not a HECOA PLUS member? Upgrade here! [/s2If]
[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level1) OR current_user_is(administrator)]
Steven Spivey, president of Writing Express, left corporate America in 2012 to carry on his father’s legacy. Trained by Dr. William Spivey, founder and creator of Writing Express, Steven is a passionate teacher, writer, and keynote speaker. He received a BS in Speech Communications from Bradley University. Steven and his wife Nancy travel across the nation to help create a “Writing Revolution.”
Steven offers Professional Development and Writing Workshops for homeschoolers and teachers to immediately improve the quality of student writing from K-University. www.writingexpress.net